Forever I’ve been searching for an easy way to upload my PDF patterns to this blog..forever means about 2 years.. I know, are PDFs really that difficult to work with? Being that I’m a computer idiot, it appears so.. Everything I’ve read was way beyond my comprehension. But then, out of no where, the answer came to me.. and it was right under my nose this whole time. It’s Google Documents! And it’s free! The only requirement is that you have a Gmail account. But that should be no problem because Gmail is free too. So, if you don’t use Gmail sign up..right away (it’s more than just email).
First, log into Gmail, look in the top left corner for the Documents link. Click it… Okay, now we’re ready.
1. Click the Upload button.. this will take you to the “Upload Files” option
2. Click “Select files to upload“.. this will allow you to select the files you want from your computer.
3. Once your document is selected click the “start upload” button and let the computer genie do her magic.
4. Once complete, click “back to Google Docs”
5. Your PDF has now been uploaded! Then check the little box to the left of your document.. just above the little box you’ll see a “share” dropdown link.. click here and then again on the “get the link to share”
6. Click one more time on “allow anyone with the link to view…“, copy your link, save and close, and then head back to your blog to insert your link. You’re done!
Two years of searching.. only to find out an easy answer was with Gmail the entire time. Can you say, “Computer illiterate?” 🙂