This blog thing is so new to me. I’ve only recently discovered them. Who would have thought people were willing to write their most personal thoughts and show them to the world. It’s really quite refreshing, you know? To know that there are people out there that are so like you, with the same hang ups, the same whit. I have to say Autum, over at Creative Little Daisy, is a joy to me. She lays it all out there and I get her. And even though I don’t know her, have never contacted her in anyway, she makes me smile with her thoughts and I feel as if I do know her.. or at least know where she’s coming from. I pray for her and her struggles with her health often.
So taking her cue, here’s 25 random facts about myself…
1.I am a wife and mother
2.I am a Christian who loves her church and learning about the Lord
3.I live in the South East part of our beautiful country
4. I am a WRITER for 3 radio stations. This has made me a terrible writer for other things. I can sell a car or nightclub or ski resort (3 of the things laying on my desk right now) but I struggle with this blog. No, I don’t TALK on the radio, only in commercials. I get that question all the time.
5. I’m not much of a talker. I hate being the center of attention. And crowds make me nervous.
6.I’m a homebody.
7.I love absolute silence.
8.Making things is a hobby, not a means to my income. (too much stress)
9.I’m a little obsessive/compulsive about keeping my home clean
10. I have trouble staying connecting with people. If I don’t talk to a friend for a year, it doesn’t bother me. I think that’s weird.
11. I wish I had friends from my childhood but I moved when I was 10 and again when I was 16.
12. I met my oldest friend when I was 16. We haven’t talked in 3 months. Before that, it was probably a year.
13. I think this makes me sound like a lonely person but I’m not. In fact, I’m quite happy.
14.I try to appreciate what I have and feel I do a good job with that. My life is good. I don’t want for anything.
15. I don’t have “favorite” things.. like colors, foods, friends. No need to limit myself.
16. I hate to drive. Always have. I didn’t have my OWN car until I was 21. That never bothered me. If I could, I’d have a chauffeur today, and everyday.
17. I’m usually always in a hurry and very impatient. I hate that quality.
18. I try my best to be a good wife and mother. Sometimes I feel like I fail at that. Often times I feel like I lack that “connection” quality with my husband and the “patients” quality with my daughter. That makes me sad.
19. I’m cold almost all the time. Spring, Fall, & Winter I wear two pairs of socks to keep my feet warm and run a heater in my office at work.
20. I love Root beer. It’s very fattening. This make for a dilemma because..
21. I’d like to lose a some weight. 10 to 15 pounds.
22. If I’d put exercise into my routine I could. I’m a stickler for routine.
23. I’m in bed every night before 10pm. No exceptions.
24. I’m organized, dependable, a homemaker, a gardener, and a practical person.
25. For the last 7 years 98% of everything that I have done has been for someone else (my daughter was born 7 years ago). I feel it’s time to do some things for myself. This year I want to make more things, exercise more, and maybe read a book.
Back to this blog thing. I love that there are so many of you out there that want to share your ideas. “Look at this pig! If you like it here’s how to make it.” I love that. The last book cover I made was a little disappointing. Like I said, the stitching pulled a little. I’m sorry I can’t show you that. I had to edit it out. My fault though. I borrowed a design before I even thought about posting it and unfortunately the creator wanted to keep that for herself. I totally get that. So, I made something else. And I drew it myself. But I have to say it truly resembles so much of what’s out there now. A tree, a bird.. you’ve seen it before.
I’m happy with this one for the most part. I can always find something that could have been done differently. The embroidery looks off centered or crooked in the photo but it’s not really. I guess I didn’t take enough care when I laid it down or maybe I need to work on my photography. I’m not sure. I’m not going to dwell on it though. It is what it it. And now I can take a break for notepads and maybe make a purse. I’ll keep you posted.